It’s hard to believe that Halloween is a little over a week away, and the holidays will soon be approaching. I’m not going to lie, I’m already dreaming of the day I can hang my Christmas decor, decorate my tree and eat endless desserts. I have the biggest sweet tooth! Like many of you, I grew up with a mom who loved to bake during the holidays; we always had endless rocky road, brownies, and cookies from December 1st until Christmas. Over the years I’ve tried cutting back on sweets and adding more healthy vitamins and minerals to my diet, but it’s been tough. I recently heard about the nutritional benefits of cacao and was amazed. As a chocolate lover, I wanted to know more. According to former celebrity fitness trainer and motivational speaker Danette May (of Mindful Health LLC and The Rise movement) cacao “contains a wide variety of nutritional elements, including calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids.”
She also stated that it can “better regulate blood sugar, so maybe you can prevent some of those glucose spikes that leave you feeling drained and exhausted.” Cacao would be perfect for my family members with diabetes.
Danette May was kind enough to share her supercharged cacao brownies recipe with us. It only calls for seven ingredients! Please be sure to scroll down for instructions. She also shared five health benefits with us, scientific facts, nutritional benefits and much more. PS: Here’s a link to her Youtube video, so you can watch Danette make this healthy and delicious dessert that will be perfect for your holiday party.
Supercharged Cacao Brownies Recipe
- In a bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla and butter
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (coconut sugar, brown rice flour, cacao bliss). Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix together until smooth and pour batter into a baking dish greased with unrefined coconut oil. Spring with raw nuts if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Danette May Shares Top Cacao Health Benefits, Scientific Facts
The Great Health Benefits of Cacao to Know About
1. It’s is full of powerful antioxidants (more than some of our favorite “superfoods”)
2. It’s naturally sweet, which helps beat those unhealthy dessert cravings.
3. It’s naturally mood-boosting. MORE ON THIS.
4. It’s dessert-like, without the bad sugars.
5. It’s organic and gluten-free.
Scientific Facts About Raw Cacao Powder
Raw cacao powder is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. It’s been scientifically proven to…
– Keep you satiated so you can better control your appetite with almost no willpower
– Improve circulation and cognitive performance, as well as increase stamina
– Better regulate blood sugar, so maybe you can prevent some of those glucose spikes that leave you feeling drained and exhausted
– Reduce the number of carbohydrates you absorb so managing your weight becomes a little easier
Cacao Nutritional Elements
Cacao also contains a wide variety of nutritional elements, including calcium, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, magnesium, sulfur, flavonoids, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids.
Cacao Is A Must For Those Of Us With Sweet Tooths
It’s hard eating perfect every day… especially with a sweet tooth! The problem is, most treats are full of sugar and other unhealthy, processed ingredients. Could it be possible to conquer cravings—and stay healthy—with a most loved food: chocolate? Cacao is finally the perfect solution—transforming delicious treats into guiltless, nutritional powerhouses!
Danette May is the founder of Mindful Health LLC and The Rise movement. She is a world renowned motivational speaker, best-selling author, and former celebrity fitness trainer, as well as a wife and mother. Danette has changed the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual lives of millions of people around the world by focusing on healing foods, healing movement, and a healing mindset. She teaches students how to transform the “muck” of their lives into inner motivation, empowering them to love the bodies they live in and love the life they live. Her latest book, The Rise: An Unforgettable Journey of Self-Love, Forgiveness, and Transformation is available for preorder here.