Happy Friday! For those that don’t know, I have two Instagram accounts, one is for my flower farm (RoseCandi), and the other (CandieAnderson) is fashion + lifestyle related. Now that the roses are in bloom, I have been trying to feature garden roses, dahlias and more on both accounts as much as possible. There’s one thing definitely for sure, everyone LOVES our Eden rose trellis aka Pierre de Ronsard rose trellis.
My mom planted her Eden roses approximately 15 years ago. In 2008 we experienced a horrible wind storm that destroyed her trellis. She had a new one built in 2009, and the Eden rose trellis has been getting prettier year after year. People ask me quite a bit how we fertilize that rose, and to tell you the truth, we don’t. I’m not sure why it’s done so well in that location…but here’s a secret – we just deadhead it, we don’t prune it during the cold winter months. It’s watered every other day, unless it’s over 100 degrees. It starts blooming in mid to late April, but slowly diminishes. The rose still blooms occasionally during the heat of summer, but it’s never the same. I find that the roses are much lighter in color and not as many bloom. It will bloom off and on until fall…and I impatiently wait for it to bloom again in the spring! PS: If you Google “Eden rose” or “Eden rose trellis”, you’ll find many of my pictures, sadly many people have stolen my pictures, but most are mine! I’ve been posting images of my mom’s trellis (and garden) since 2008 on Etsy, Flickr and on my previous blogs.
I hope you enjoy pictures of our Eden rose trellis over the years. Please feel free to scroll down for the best weekend sales for fashion and home decor lovers! I’ve shared a few coupon codes, deals, sales for the weekend of August 4, 5, and 6, 2017. Don’t forget the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends this weekend! Feel free to check out my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale section for details on the best sale finds for women’s fashion, beauty, and the home. Have a great weekend!
Eden rose trellis pictures + best weekend sales for fashion and decor lovers!
This is my favorite picture of the Eden rose trellis! I took this photo in 2008.
Here are a few images of the pink Eden rose trellis when it first started blooming early this spring. I had a few requests for pictures of Fred, thankfully he likes to pose! haha 😉
I took this photo from the top of the deck looking down at the arch/trellis and weeping willow tree! We have over 250 garden roses planted behind this trellis!
Here’s Fred my trusty, goofy Weimaraner hiding on the bench!
Here’s a closeup of the Eden rose once the rose first starts to bloom. I love this bright, vibrant pink!
This image of our Eden rose was taken many years ago. As you can see in the image, the roses tend to fade. I love both shades of pink!
Here are a few of the BEST weekend sales for fashion and home decor lovers!
- Check out Anthropologie’s Best Of Sale! There are so many trend fashion and home decor favorites on deep discount!
- J.Crew: Extra 50% off select with coupon code YAYSALE
- Joss and Main: Up To 75% Off Rugs
- Neiman Marcus: Save on women’s apparel, shoes, handbags, accessories, jewelry and men’s clothing. (Items are already discounted/marked).
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Save a bundle on fall fashion for women, men, babies and kids. Beauty products are on deep discount, as are home decor essentials. I featured quite a few in my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale section! PS: The sale ends on August 6th!!!
- Pottery Barn is having HUGE sales! Save on outdoor furniture, dining furniture, upholstered bed, leather armchairs, sofas, sectionals and more! Now is the time to stock up on furniture and home decor for late summer and fall. PS: This weekend only use coupon codeSLEEPYHEAD to save 30% on bedding + free shipping.
- Pottery Barn Kids: Save up to 30% off at the study event for back to school! You can also core 20 – 30% off bedroom furniture favorites. Don’t miss out!
- Pottery Barn Teen (PBteen): Save up to 75% off at the Summer’s Hottest Sale! 1000s of items are on sale including furniture and home decor.
- Revolve: Check out over 12,000 dresses, tops and more on deep discount!
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Save up to 30% on select decorative home and kitchen items!
- Shopbop: Up to 70% summer fashion favorites. Obsessed with this peplum top. I wear it all the time! It’s gorgeous. PS: I featured the top on the blog, if you’d like to see it.
- Skinstore: 20% off + Caudalie Gift with coupon code: AWARD
- Sur La Table: Get free shipping on your order of $59 or more with coupon code: SHIPFREE
- Wayfair: Save up to 70% on trendy outdoor furniture, lighting and more! There are so many amazing sales happening at Wayfair this weekend it’s unbelievable!
- West Elm: This week I dished on the sofas, sectionals sale! It’s still going strong and you can save up to 30% on gorgeous living room furniture. You can also save 20% on rugs, and up to 70% on markdowns.
- Williams-Sonoma: Save 20% at the biggest bake sale! Save on mixers, stand mixers, bakeware, bake tools and much more.
- Williams-Sonoma Home: Save an extra 20% on summer clearance items. Enter coupon code: EXTRA to save! You can also save 20% on upholstered sofas, sectionals, chairs and more with coupon code: FURNITURE.