Travel expert, Stephanie Oswald joined me for an interview recently from the beautiful city of Hangzhou, China (which is the capital and largest city of Zhejiang Province in Eastern China). If you’ve been dreaming of traveling to Hangzhou, you must check out our amazing interview! Stephanie dished on this beautiful “hidden gem that’s been under the radar”. She stated that it’s about a “50 minute high-speed train ride from Shanghai”, and “just under a two hour flight from Beijing.”
You may remember that the 2016 G20 Summit was held in Hangzhou, and now this beautiful travel destination is on the minds of many Americans. Stephanie mentioned that it’s been “recognized by the New York Times, and Travel & Leisure as a top place to visit for 2016.”
Please be sure to watch the video below to see my interview with renowned travel expert, Stephanie Oswald. The video is 12 minutes long, and well worth the watch. She dished on everything from her stay at the Four Seasons in Hangzhou, the must-see attractions for everyone including families, delicious food she’s experienced while vacationing in the city, Hangzhou’s interactive museums including the National Silk Museum where she tie-dyed silk, the National Tea Museum where had the chance to taste various teas and much more! For more information please visit the Hangzhou, China Facebook page! I’ve also listed a few facts that you will appreciate below.
- Hangzhou, the capital and largest city of Zhejiang Province in Eastern China, is home to more than 8-million residents and located just 50 minutes from Shanghai by high-speed train.
- The city is well-known throughout China for its beautiful natural scenery, including UNESCO World Heritage site, West Lake, for its lush, mountainous vegetation. It is a romanticized city on the Silk Road which was visited by Marco Polo and is home to Hefang Street, an authentic shopping street that has been restored to its former Song Dynasty-era glory.
- Hangzhou is home to Lingyin Temple, one of the largest Buddhist temples in all of China, and is a popular place for visitors and locals alike to make wishes.
- The city boasts a dining scene which offers restaurants featuring beautiful views of West Lake and city, and delicious cuisine of local flavors.
- Hangzhou seamlessly blends traditional China with conveniences of modern living.
YouTube video: Watch Candace Rose interview renowned travel expert, Stephanie Oswald (she is a travel correspondent for the ABC affiliate in New Orleans, and the founding editor of Travelgirl Magazine) on everything the beautiful city of Hangzhou has to offer!
Sponsor: Hangzhou Tourism board. Candace Rose was not compensated by the sponsor for this interview.