Are you searching for a healthy and delicious Mexican inspired dish to prepare for your guests this weekend? If so, you’re in luck. Jillian Michaels was kind enough to share a few delicious recipes with us from her new app, and today I’m eager to share these piping hot nachos with you! They’re topped with nutrient rich guacamole. Who doesn’t love avocado? I know I can never have enough! Please be sure to scroll down for the amazing recipe, so you can make it for your family and friends (or for yourself) as early as today!
More information on the Jillian Michaels App can be found on her website: https://www.jillianmichaels.com/app
You can receive a 7-Day Free Trial by going here
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thinly. In a bowl, toss them with coconut oil and salt. Place the chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then flip the chips over and bake for another 8 minutes or until all of the chips are cooked.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chili and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining spices and stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then turn the heat down to medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Then stir the chopped tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro into the beef mixture.
- Place chips on a platter. Put the toppings in the middle of the platter in a bowl. Add guacamole and onions on top. Dip the chips and enjoy.