With Halloween just a few weeks away now is the time to start working on fun spooky DIY projects, so you can decorate your home just in time for October 31st! Yesterday on Hallmark’s “Home & Family” one of my favorite DIY experts, Tanya Memme made some spooky DIY Halloween Decorative Bottles that you’re sure to love and will get you into the Halloween spirit. Be sure to watch the video and check out the directions below, so you can make them tonight!
Tune In: Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.
DIY Halloween Decorative Bottles Materials
- Grey/Black/Green Chalk Board Paint
- Gold Accent Paint
- Sand or Dirt
- Empty Medicine Bottles
- Hot Glue Gun
- Raffia or Straw
- Sand Paper
- Large Wood Beads
- Paint Brush
- Spiders, Skulls & other accessories (optional)
1. First take an empty medicine bottle and sand it down.
2. In a plastic cup mix the black paint with sand.
3. Paint the bottle and let completely dry.
4. Add safe liquid like water or materials inside the bottle.
5. Using a hot glue gun add letters for example poison.
6. Use an old paintbrush with firm bristles to add the grey paint.
7. Trace the letters with the gold accent paint using your fingers.
8. Add the green paint also using your fingers rubbing it into the bottle and letters.
9. Use accessories and add them into the bottle using hot glue and paint.
10. Use a large wood bead and glue to the top of the bottle. Add the raff or straw on the top to complete the look and your done.