Believe it or not, but Thanksgiving is a little over two weeks away. If you’re looking for a fun way to decorate your festive Thanksgiving Day table, you’re in luck. We have the scoop on how to create the adorable hanging turkey centerpiece, DIY expert and Momtrepreneur, Tanya Memme made on Hallmark’s “Home & Family” on November 8th.
TANYA MEMME’S HANGING TURKEY CENTERPIECES
- One Styrofoam Ring
- Red (Tulle), Cream (Tulle) And Orange-Colored Tulle
- Two Styrofoam Balls
- Orange Sponge Paper
- Red Boa
- Brown Ribbon
- Orange (Yarn) or Yellow Yarn
- Yellow Pipe Cleaners
- Glue Gun
- Wrap ribbon around the bottom half of the ring to the desired size of the face; about 9″ or so in length.
- Cut each color of tulle into 1′ ½” pieces. Double the pieces using various colors and tie around the ring nice and tight.
- Draw a black dot on each ball and glue together to make eyes.
- Cut a rectangle of the orange sponge paper for the beak, then fold and glue on.
- Cut a small piece of the red boa and glue on as seen on photo.
- Then to make the legs and feet, wrap the yellow or orange yarn around a stick or plastic tube and glue in place. Then make three loops out of yellow pipe cleaners and glue onto the legs as seen.
Check out momtrepreneur Tanya Memme and all things lifestyle on her website TanyaMemme.com. Follow her crafty adventures on Twitter @Tanya_Memme and take a look at more DIY fun on Facebook.com/TanyaMemme. Don’t forget to tune into the “Home & Family” show on Hallmark, weekdays at 10 am!