Happy Friday! Looking for a fun new braided style for the weekend? If so, you’re in luck! Earlier this morning on the “Today” show, blogger Jamie Stelter and New York’s John Barrett Braid Bar shared a fab ‘weekend braid’ hair tutorial! Check out these step by step instructions and the instructional video, so you can create the weekend braid for your Saturday and Sunday outings!
- Starting with a deep side part, start with a regular french braid and continue the braid all the way down the length of your face to your ear. Tie it off with an elastic.
- Use hairspray liberally so you can keep loose ends in place.
- Start your second braid next to your first. Work your way around the rest of your head until all of your head is braided.
- Once you have all your sections braided, grab a handful of bobby pins. Start with your first braid and work clockwise, pin the braids against the back of your head. Tuck the ends as you go.
- Pin away until there aren’t any pieces, left and you’re set! You have a beautiful updo/weekend braid that is perfect for a wedding, evening out with your guy, brunch with the girls or shopping with your mom!
Wear your weekend braid to a wedding with a fab maxi dress:
A fun print romper!
A fab lace crop top and maxi skirt:
Or pair your crop top with your weekend braid and palazzo pants: