I was recently approached about reviewing the book "The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping Insider Tips * Helpful Hints * Hip Shops by Vintage Clothing Dealer, Melody Fortier (published by Quirk Books), and jumped at the chance. My love of vintage has grown exponentially over the last few years, but my knowledge of value/worth, how to find quality vintage, and where to shop hadn't advanced as rapidly.
The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping is not only a great read, but has the most gorgeous color images as well. It's small enough to fit in your purse for weekend shopping excursions, and basic enough that the novice Vintage shopper will feel empowered and ready to seize her next purchase!
If you've ever wondered how-
- to distinguish time periods and how to evaluate quality
- to ensure the perfect fit and silhouette
- to identify what little fixes and alterations are possible and what's not
- to clean, care for and store vintage clothing
- to give new life to vintage items through simple mends and crafty reinventions
than this is YOUR BIBLE!!!