I absolutely love DIY projects, especially during the holidays! There are so many fun projects to complete, especially out of wood. Last week on Hallmark’s Home & Family show, Matt Rogers and co-host Mark Steines made gorgeous rustic DIY snowflakes using wooden fence pickets. Next week I’ve decided will be dedicated to holiday DIY projects, and the first project on my list is a DIY Picket Fence Snowflake. If you’d like to make this project too, you’re in luck! The folks at Hallmark’s Home & Family show were kind enough to share the video and instructions with us, so you can also complete this project just in time for Christmas and the winter season.
Tune In: Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.
DIY PICKET FENCE SNOWFLAKE
A DIY from Matt Rogers and Mark Steines
1) Using a saw cut each piece of fence in half
2) Take 4 bottom fence pickets and form a square (this will act as your base
3) Glue and nail into place
4) Lay 4 of the top fence pickets onto the corners of square
5) Glue and nail in place
6) Take the remaining 4 top fence pickets and lay them in the middle of each corner piece
7) Glue and nail together
8) Paint snowflake and let dry