There’s nothing quite like baking for the holidays, especially when baking with loved ones! Have you started your holiday baking yet? I’m looking forward to baking with my mom this weekend, especially now that we have the recipe for Cristina Ferrare’s tasty table light cookies. Did you happen to see her prepare these on Hallmark’s “Home & Family” show last week? They were a huge hit, and I’m so excited to share the video and recipe with you!
Tune In: Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.
TASTY TABLE LIGHTS COOKIES
Cristina Ferrare bakes cookies!
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 18oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 3 cups M&M’S® Brand MINIS Chocolate Candies
- 4 strands red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth
3. Roll the dough out to 1⁄4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes
4. With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Use a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely
6. Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand MINIS Chocolate Candies, and set aside
7. Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand MINIS Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie
8. Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand
Tip for a quicker and lighter version: Tint frosting to match the M&M’S® Brand MINIS Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coordinated M&M’S® Brand MINIS Chocolate Candies.