When it comes to travel most of us tend to think about summer vacations and road trips, but did you know that Halloween is a great time to travel too? Earlier this morning on the Today show co-hosts Dylan Dreyer and Willie Geist were joined by travel expert Jennifer Flowers of Afar Media to discuss the top Halloween destinations across the country! If you’re looking to book a trip for Halloween, you’re in luck! Here are a few of the top destinations below, and don’t forget to watch the video below to hear everything Jennifer Flowers has to say about these spooky and amazing Halloween destinations on the Today show.
- Seattle, Washington. I’ve been to Seattle a few times, and love this gorgeous city. It has so many things to offer like the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle to name a few, but did you know this historical city is a must for Halloween? According to Afar Media’s Jennifer Flowers, it absolutely is! She talked about Princess Angeline of the Pike Place Market, and a great pub crawl that you can’t pass up on. PS: She also stated that the Max Hotel is one of the best hotels.
- San Francisco, California. As a Northern Californian who loves this beautiful city, SF is always a must…even when my Giants aren’t in the playoffs (no, I’m not bitter…it’s not an even year!). Jennifer talked about Dia de los Muertos, the Mission District Parade/Festival, and more. Her favorite hotel is The Opal San Francisco!
- Riverwoods, Illinois (just outside of Chicago). Are you searching for a great place to take your kids for Halloween? Travel expert Jennifer Flowers talked about a fun candlelit hike. Be sure to watch the video below for details on that hotel!
- Savannah, Georgia. According to Willie Geist, this might be “America’s most haunted city.” According to Jennifer Flowers, what makes it America’s most haunted city is it’s “filled with cemeteries, ghost stories” and more!
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Jennifer talks about the haunted houses, be sure to check out the video below to see which on she recommends. You can’t pass up on the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel for a great stay at a great price.
Video: Watch travel expert, Jennifer Flowers of Afar Media discuss the top five travel destinations for Halloween and great hotels for under $200 a night with Willie Geist and Dylan Dreyer on the Friday, October 9, 2015 episode of the Today show. If you have any questions please contact the Today show directly on their website. Thank you!