Actress Melissa Gilbert starred as Laura Ingalls Wilder on the hit show “Little House On The Prairie” from 1974 to 1984, and the show is still beloved today over 30 years later. This week she was joined by some of her co-stars for a “Little House On The Prairie” reunion on Hallmark’s “Home and Family” show. Melissa also showed Cristina Ferrare, Mark Steines and all of us at home how to make to her famed gingersnap pumpkin pie! Did you have a chance to catch the episode? We have the directions and video below so you can make Melissa Gilbert’s gingersnap pie this weekend, for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the holiday season!
Tune In: Home & Family airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel.
GINGERSNAP PUMPKIN PIE
A recipe from Melissa Gilbert.
- ¾ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (12-ounce/340-g) can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup (165g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Combine the cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter in a 9-inch pie pan, pressing it into the bottom and sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely.
3) Combine the pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Pour the filling into the crust.
4) Bake for 1 hour, or until the pie is firm and has turned slightly golden on top. Let it cool completely before serving.