Learn how to knit/DIY Sophie Uliano’s kitchen scrubbies for washing dishes, an exfoliating scrubbie for the shower and a soft one for baby as seen on Hallmark’s “Home & Family”!
- Cotton yarn (1/4 skein for two Scrubbies)
- 3 Yards of medium tulle
- A scrap of cardboard or an empty paper towel roll (optional)
- Size 9 Knitting Needles
- Scissors or Cutter & ruler with cutting mat
Step 1: Prepare the Tulle:
NOTE: Tulle is unwieldy to work with. This method reduces the frustration that can result from handling a big chunk of tulle.
1. Fold the tulle in half lengthwise and then again lengthwise.
2. Carefully lay the “tulle sandwich” on a flat surface and weight it down.
3. Make an initial cut to one short side of the sandwich to even it out
4. With scissors or a rotary cutter and ruler, cut strips of the tulle approximately 1-1/4″ wide.
NOTE: You need approximately 4 strips for one Scrubbie, but while you have the tulle tamed, you might want to go ahead and cut the whole thing at once.
Don’t forget to tune into Hallmark’s “Home & Family” weekdays at 10 am on the Hallmark Channel.