The film “Still Alice” was released in theaters on January 16th and I personally can’t wait to see it. Actress Julianne Moore plays Alice, a linguistics professor at Columbia University who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease. Julianne won the Sag Award for best lead actress for her outstanding performance in the film last night. As someone whose life has been touched by this horrific disease on multiple occasions, I’m hoping this film will bring more awareness to Alzheimer’s so it can be prevented, treated and ultimately cured!
Not only did Julianne Moore shine at the Sag Awards for her phenomenal performance in the film “Still Alice”, she looked absolutely gorgeous in an emerald green gown with her beautiful long locks flowing. Renowned stylist Jenny Balding gave us the scoop on how you can recreate her gorgeous wavy look this winter!
“SAG Award winner Julianne Moore’s effortless polished wave is perfect to take the edge of a very dressed up look while still complimenting it beautifully. There are many versions of a wavy look, but to create this effortless, polished wave you need create a good foundation first to achieve an effortless finish.” – Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist
- Start by blow drying hair smooth to remove any frizz and promote shine.
- Create a clean middle part.
- Use a light weight hairspray, such as Redken fashion work 12 versatile hairspray, to mist each section before using the curling iron. This will give the right amount of hold and flexibility your need.
- Use a 1″ 1/2 curling iron and use vertically starting from the mid-length to the ends throughout the whole head.
- Using a Mason Pearson type brush, brush through the waves to create this polished finish.
- Finish by misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist to create exceptional shine.