I’m watching NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” in the hopes that Tony Romo and my Dallas Cowboys can keep their 31 – 17 lead over the New Orleans Saints! Are you watching, too? I’ve been in SF Giants playoff mode as of late, but this Cowboys lead is getting me in the spirit of NFL football. Speaking of football, do you love showing your team spirit in the form of fashion or perhaps your freshly painted nails? Katie Cazorla (Star of “Nail Files”, Owner of The Painted Nail in the W Hollywood & Everything Nailz on Ventura Blvd) was on Hallmark’s “Home & Family” show recently and shared the secret to creating a fun “Nailgating” manicure just in time for hopefully a Cowboys win!
• Have your nails painted a reddish brown.
• Take a few drops of the same reddish brown nail polish, drop next to workspace.
• Dip the smallest end of the nail dotter in the nail polish and dot entire nail.
• Take nail art brush and, using white polish, draw half moon shaped at the base of the cuticle and half moon shape at the top of your nail, starting at the free edge, curling up and then back to the free edge, then draw the line with the laces.
• Apply dry clear coat to seal it in.
You definitely need a good top coat because that’s what seals in the nail art. There are so many good ones made specifically for nail art. Avoid using fast drying ones. Only use fast drying ones if you’re in a super hurry. You want one that’s a bit thicker.