The top knot is one of the chicest hairstyles on the planet. It’s the perfect updo, whether you’re lounging on the back patio on Sunday afternoon with your favorite fashion magazines and a cocktail, out with the girls on a Friday night, wine tasting on a Saturday with your guy, to the office or organizing your fall wardrobe!
It’s also a celeb favorite, especially on the red carpet! “Modern Family” star Sarah Hyland looked absolutely gorgeous at the Emmy’s in a trendy crop top, full maxi skirt and a top knot! Don’t you just love this look?
We have the scoop on how you can create the perfect top knot!
- For best results, start with day two hair onwards as your hair will be easier to manage with an already ‘lived -in’ texture.
- Mist hair with dry shampoo, focusing primarily on the roots mainly – this will give your hair more texture, grip and volume.
- Then mist a light hairspray throughout for some hold and grip.
- Sweep your hair into high ponytail. Keep checking what it looks like from your profile so you position ponytail in the most flattering point of your head for your face shape.
- Take the ponytail and back-brush from the underneath lightly – this creates a slight disheveled texture.
- Sweep around the base of the ponytail and pin using U shaped hairpins. These really anchor the hair best which means you will only need 2 or 3 to secure.
- This creates perfectly disheveled topknot that looks ultra stylish and works for any event.
Sport your fab top knot with these gorgeous dresses!
Love this leopard print dress by Equipment:
Gorgeous lace dress by Reem Acra:
Fun cutout dress:
You can’t go wrong in a jumpsuit for fall, especially with a fab top knot!
Or this fab stripe cardigan that’s perfect for fall!