Braided updos are all the rage these days, and with wedding season and hot summer days upon us, now is the perfect time to PERFECT that updo. If you’re looking for a glamorous new hairstyle that will not only look amazing, but also beat the heat, you are in luck! Renowned Cutler/Redken Stylist, Jenny Balding was kind enough to share her Disheveled Halo Braid Updo tutorial with us, and we have the details below! According to Jenny, the disheveled halo braid updo would pair best with “an open neckline e.g strapless or thin like straps.”
Disheveled Halo Braid Updo Tutorial:
- Create a middle part and split the hair into two sections
- Braid each section starting just behind the chair
- Bring one braid over the top and secure with hair pin behind ear
- Use the hair hair pin like an anchor and twist it back on itself. This is the perfect to disguise and secure your halo braid.
- Then secure through the top sections if necessary with a couple of hair pins
- Repeat on other side
Here are a few strapless and thin strap dresses that will pair perfectly with this gorgeous braided updo! PS Wouldn’t this hairstyle be perfect for bridesmaids and the flower girl?