Do you love the look of long flowing locks, but you’re looking for a new way to accessorize your gorgeous hair? How about a sleek center braid? It’s perfect for wedding season, a fun summer music festival, lounging with friends or just hanging out for the day! Renowned Cutler/Redken stylist, Jenny Balding was kind enough to share her beautiful sleek center braid hair tutorial just in time for summer!
According to stylist Jenny Balding,”this is perfect for summer wedding as it keeps your hair off your face but still allows you to wear your hair down and works with any neckline!”
- Blow dry very straight by using a smoothing, straightening lotion
- Section a mohawk section of 2″ width coming into a point at the nape
- Use a dry shampoo on this section to create texture and grip to the hair
- Reverse braid from the hairline right down to the nape and secure with small band
- If necessary, finish by using straightening irons to the loose hair to create a sleek, polished feel.
Here are a few must have fashion forward pieces that will pair well with the sleek center braid!
Such a fun top for a summer outing. Perhaps a music festival? 🙂