I am a proud subscriber of “Better Homes & Gardens” magazine (their Instagram and Pinterest pages are pretty great too!), I look forward to their delicious recipes, home decor tips and trends and must haves in gardening on a monthly basis. Today, the magazine surprised me with a sneak peek of their April 2014 cover, which hits newsstands on March 18th! As someone who loves sweet peas, daffodils, ranunculus and peonies- this has to be one of my favorite covers…and I haven’t even received the magazine yet.
Today, “Better Homes & Gardens” ‘revealed its first ever Better Homes and Gardens® Color Palette of the Year in tandem with the April Color Issue.’ According to the folks at BHG “The collection of seven colors expresses the most current trends from home to fashion, in hues that work together beautifully in multiple combinations. BHG editors collected colors touted in trend forecasts and at trade shows, and then adjusted the tones to make them livable and lasting.”
Below is the 2014 Better Homes and Gardens® Color Palette of the Year, and suggested paint hues from a variety of brands.
- COLBALT: It’s the biggest news in fashion, wearable for anyone and any room. INDIGO CLOTH 4009-7 (VALSPAR)
- YELLOW: Pulled from the sun, this energetic color brings a happy mood. SUNDAY AFTERNOON T14-19 (BEHR)
- LAVENDER: Pale purple with gray undertones make an easy-to-live-with cool color combo. OBI LILAC SW6556 (SHERWIN-WILLIAMS)
- APPLE GREEN: This leaf-inspired hue is just like the greens in nature—a colorful neutral. ELM VALLEY B32-6 (ACE HARDWARE)
- CHAMBRAY: This mid-range blue hue is timeless and looks great with anything. BLUE JEAN 2062-50 (BENJAMIN MOORE)
- CORAL: This pretty poppy explores the trend of adventurous brights. HAIKU 4-7 (PRATT & LAMBERT)
- BEIGE: Aim for a naturally warm-toned beige, like pebbles in sand. NAVAJO WHITE D12-1 (OLYMPIC)To celebrate the launch, BHG asks readers to share photos of their favorite color palettes on Instagram using the hashtag #BHGColor to enter the brand’s ‘Fave Color Palette’ photo contest. Each week one winner will receive a $50 Visa gift card, and at the end of the contest, one of those winners will be selected to win the grand prize of $500. Subject to Official Rules and entry can be found at BHG.com/Win.