For those who don’t know, I’m kind of obsessed with Good Earth’s decaf Sweet & Spicy tea. It’s my newfound favorite! My inbox was pleasantly surprised this week when I was sent this delicious bread pudding recipe which calls for my faaaaavorite new tea! It was created by celebrity chef Elizabeth Falkner (she’s been on shows such as Chopped All Stars and Top Chef Masters) and it’s scrumptious. You just can’t miss out on this. I’m thinking it would be perfect for Sunday morning brunch with the family, a fun recipe to make with the kids, or a delicious dessert for a girls night in (or bridal shower/baby shower) with your besties.
Without further adieu, here’s the yummy recipe! You’ll have to keep me posted if you end up making it for your family and friends!
Sweet & Spicy Bread Pudding
- 1 quart milk
- •2 cups cream
- •2 tea bags Good Earth Sweet & Spicy, tag removed from the tea bag
- 4 cups French bread, with crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Combine milk, cream and add tea bags to mix.
- Pour over bread and steep for at least 1 hour.
- Squeeze out tea bags and discard.
- Combine egg yolks, eggs, sugar and orange zest in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Stir this into bread, tea and milk mixture. Add optional chopped chocolate and spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325º or until custard is set.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.