Namesake (Twice Over)

As a kid I was the only Candace in class, in fact I can't remember ever meeting another Candace until middle school. I guess it didn't help that I went (and still) go by Candi but that's beside the point. Since my name isn't that common, I'm often asked who I was named after or how my parents came up with my name. Though I'm not a huge fan of Candace or Candi, I am proud to say I was named after actress, Candice Bergen. I admire her strength and the class she exudes. As someone whose dream it is to be a reporter/anchor, I never missed an episode of Murphy Brown where Ms. Bergen played a prominent Network Investigative Reporter.

My mom says when naming me she spelled my name CandACE instead of CandICE because she thought that's how Bergen spells hers. Wrong! Oh well, I'd rather be an ACE than ICE anyway 😉 . Tonight while doing a little SEO research on Candace Rose, I came to the conclusion that Ms. Candice Bergen is also Candice ROSE, since marrying her husband, Marshall Rose. How ironic is that? If I have to share my name with anyone, I'm proud to say it's with her!

Ek6qp8fgfmknen6f

Candice Bergen – July 24, 1970 – Life Magazine – Whosdatedwho

Candice-Bergen-People-Magazine-candice-bergen-8194343-600-794-1

Candice Bergen – Cover Of People Magazine 1975 – Fanpop

Candice-Bergen-candice-bergen-8194399-652-428

Candice Bergen – Fanpop

One of my favorite characters, Murphy Brown

Murphy

Murphy Brown – 3.Airnet

1. July 29, 2010 / 7:24 am

How cool!! I don’t think I have a namesake. I’ll have to try to find one!

2. July 29, 2010 / 1:18 pm

haha! cool. I don’t think anyone has my first and middle name, which is…..Theona. There, I said it. lol. (well, it’s also part of my email.)

3. July 29, 2010 / 1:27 pm

That is so neat and what a great story.

I am named after my father’s mother, Laura Johnson. He maiden name was Johnston, so when she got married all she had to was drop the T. Growing up I wasn’t a fan of my name. I swore when I turned 18 I was going to change it Kelly (Saved by the Bell and then 90210…haha!). As an adult, I love that I was named after her. She was a beautiful woman! I only wish I could have gotten to know her other than when I was baby. I am proud to carry her name! 🙂

4. July 29, 2010 / 1:57 pm

i don’t know, i’ve always thought she had the best nose!

5. July 29, 2010 / 2:19 pm

That’s awesome! 🙂 When I was a kid I wanted to have a common name like everyone else, I’ve now grown to appreciate originality! 🙂

6. July 29, 2010 / 2:20 pm

No wonder we’re friends. I wanted to be Kelly Kapowski too! 🙂 I had no idea you were named after your grandma, that’s so cool!

7. July 29, 2010 / 2:20 pm

Great minds think alike! If only I’d inherited her nose along with my name, I’d be a happy camper!

8. July 30, 2010 / 6:16 am

I love your name – its so beautiful!!