Oh Christmas tree, oh how I miss thee

christmas tree, originally uploaded by candy_rose.

If you haven’t heard, there’s no tree this year. Monster puppy has broken TOOOO many things, and the only tree we have is a small fake one in the window with vintage ornaments (don’t tell my mom, but he broke her train set that goes around the tree). It’s not the same this year without the smell of fresh pine, or my cat, Olivia hiding under the tree. I guess I shouldn’t complain, it’s not everyday you get a puppy that loves you unconditionally and cries when you leave the room. Wait a second, I should be complaining…he may cry when I leave the room, but he steals my pants, put a hole in the posterior portion of my Juicy Couture velour pants, loves my bras (I guess he has a thing for padding), and feels the need to poop and pee in the house when it’s too cold to go outside. Can you tell he’s growing on me? 😉

PS This was our pretty tree last year.

Share:

1. December 21, 2009 / 4:34 am

I love Christmas trees, but I don’t bother getting one for my apartment – other than a teeny tiny faux one. Do you think the puppy will be mellow enough next year for one? 😉 When we had our dog, my mom would put little bells on the bottom of the tree so she could hear when the dog was getting too close.

2. December 21, 2009 / 6:27 am

i can’t even believe you have such mayhem from your puppy. is the dog whisperer close by? lucy doesn’t seem to be any type of influence ;).

3. December 21, 2009 / 1:48 pm

I have 3 trees up this year as usual with 2 new kitties HOWEVER the trees are minus a lot of my FAB decorations… and I have a spray bottle ready to spritz them… ugh!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

4. December 21, 2009 / 5:08 pm

“i guess he has a thing for padding”?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! you’re too funny.

sorry no tree but just think…he will be around all year long while a christmas tree will not.

5. December 22, 2009 / 11:56 am

We have a fake tree, prelit, no ornaments . . . because the cats would eat and climb a real tree, knock it down and break the ornaments. This I know from years pats. 🙁

6. December 23, 2009 / 6:14 pm

This post is hilarious! I don’t have a Christmas tree this year either. We let our kids ( 17, 19,19,21 – if you can call them KIDS )have the tree downstairs. I feel like there is too much suffering in the world this year to celebrate. We boycotted Christmas presents too. Only ones we make.
    Feels good actually…and I don’t have an adorable puppy to blame either : )
    Have a very merry Christmas. You have been a wonderful friend Candace. A wonderful gift I get to cherish year round!
    xoxo