This Means Fall….

Every year in July, during the warmest part of the summer, my pretty view of the open field across the street starts to disappear as the corn stalks grow larger and taller day to day.

Cornfield Corn field Sunset California Candace Rose Candieanderson.com Northern California PhotographyAs you can see, the corn wasn't very tall at this point, but I just love the sunset!

*In late August to early September, we cut a few ears of corn, put it in a molino (meat grinder) and make corn tamales out of them. This is something I have always grown up with, and let me tell you it's the best!

Corn field Harvest Corn Candace Rose Photography Candieanderson.com dolcechic.etsy.comA few weeks ago, they started harvesting the corn, and with it came these…..

Candace Rose Canadian Honker Geese Harvested Corn field Candieanderson.com dolcechic.etsy.comCanadian Honkers!

They wake me up around 5 every morning, and fly back in the evening. They don't call them honkers for nothing! Talk about LOUD!!!

Canadian Honker Geese Candace Rose Candieanderson.com dolcechic.etsy.com

Canadian Honker Geese Candace Rose Photography

Canadian Honker Geese Candace Rose

Canadian Honker Geese in Flight Candace Rose Photography

Flying away. Once I left, they all came back.

Candace Rose Canadian Honker Geese photo

Here they are in mid air. In the distance is a vineyard. They produce grapes for Gallo and a few other wineries!

Have a wonderful weekend! Remember to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy!

As most Friday's I am participating in Beautiful Life Fridays at The Inspired Room  and Hooked On Fridays at Hooked on Houses!

All images taken by Candace Rose. Β©All Rights Reserved.

1. October 9, 2009 / 5:36 am

Happy Friday!

2. October 9, 2009 / 9:02 am

super soothing and beautiful post dear candace. love your new watermark on your pics, hopefully that will help with previous issues. BTW how do you do those watermarks? email me hermana!

3. October 9, 2009 / 11:52 am

Beautiful photos! Loving the Fall weather here!

4. October 9, 2009 / 1:41 pm

WOW!! Beautiful photography! So Fall-ish!(is that a word??)Just lovely!

5. October 9, 2009 / 2:37 pm

Beautiful! I wonder if any of the geese are the same ones that I saw fly past my apartment in the last few weeks!

6. October 9, 2009 / 6:33 pm

the great days of fall harvest

7. October 10, 2009 / 9:21 am

Lovely photos – especially love your header image. Gorgeous!!! I’m hosting a giveaway at my blog of genuine Cross Bottles valued at $175. It ends Monday, so hurry over. I think you’ll love them!

8. October 11, 2009 / 7:44 pm

gorgeous photos Candi! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

9. October 11, 2009 / 7:54 pm

Such gorgeous photos and i love Fall. πŸ™‚ Hope your having a wonderful weekend and love to you!

10. Meta
    October 12, 2009 / 3:39 am

Hey Candace!

Ahhhh, fall! I do love how these photos feel so moody, too….with temps in the 90s here in Florida, I’m ready for a scene like this πŸ™‚

Thanks for the comments on my latest pic!! (And yes, I would have wondered who that was if I didn’t see the 2nd one πŸ™‚

Meta

11. October 12, 2009 / 10:53 am

I know they’re loud but….they’re so darn cute!

12. October 13, 2009 / 11:05 pm

I have been trying for so long to get this fixed, but I don’t think the people at typepad have a clue as to how embarrassing this is. I have contacted them, asked for help for a few weeks now. It’s utterly frustrating to say the least. I’m glad you knew it was me and not a spammer πŸ™‚

13. October 14, 2009 / 6:59 pm

Thanks for the comment on the watermarks. It’s a shame I have to do it, but if it means protecting my images….I’ll do whatever it takes. Hope you got my email!