What to do, what to do?

I'm so indecisive it's pitiful. If you'd asked me how I wanted to decorate my bedroom months ago, I would have said I want it a light sky blue with white crown moulding, or maybe gray with crown moulding. And how would I like it today you ask? White, white, white!

I know for a fact if I had all the money in the world, my bedroom would be a lot easier to decorate. I wouldn't buy accessories piece by piece, to find out in the long run…this doesn't match! My bed is antique, wrought iron and is from the 1800's. I absolutely love it, but I don't want my bedroom to resemble a museum. I would like to add modern pieces, and since I don't have too many, this is why I have decided on the white walls. I haven't had the easiest time finding bedding, but yesterday I found one I am crazy about from Anthropologie. My only dilemma is will it make my bedroom look to Grandma-ish? The one I particularly like is a dark purple, but my bedside lamp is a coral pink with gold accents. My bed is white with gold accents. I have been pondering painting it turquoise with gold accents. Who am I kidding….I've been thinking of a lot of things! lol Remember I'm the textbook over-thinker!

Oh and as for the wallpaper, I'm still working on taking it down. The real pain is getting the glue off. It makes my day when it comes off in strips, but that's rare in itself. Most of it just stays stuck to the textured walls. I feel bad for the guy who ends up painting it, as the texture is coming off as I remove the wallpaper. I should just leave it like this, maybe I'll start a new trend. Messy Chic.

1. July 14, 2009 / 1:16 pm

i am the worst when it comes to design. i tend to overthink to and my ideas always change. if you want my honest opinion i say paint the bed frame turquoise. you can always paint it back if you hate it (that’s the joy of paint) and the anthro bedding is adorable. not even grandma-ish. your bedroom is going to be gorgeous!

2. July 14, 2009 / 2:50 pm

i’m terrible at decisions, but i am practical. i would go with the white one because you won’t get tired of it. but that purple is so regal. see, i can’t decide and am no help. either way they look so cozy.

and, before you start painting that bed, it’s not as easy as it seems. i’ve started many painting projects only to think within 10 minutes ‘why did i start this?’ it usually works out ok in the end and i am happy. say hi to my niece! woof!

3. July 14, 2009 / 4:28 pm

Decorating is always fun 🙂 I’m loving the Rossette bedding, that draped effect is fantastic.

4. July 14, 2009 / 6:47 pm

oh so pretty! loving the rosettes. the white is more grandma victorian, where the purple is a bit more modern. Loving the purple.
    let us know what you decide:)
    I will be posting my bedroom soon!
    xx
    callie

5. July 14, 2009 / 7:03 pm

I love the white one, mostly because when your tastes change, it’ll be easy to incorporate. I like the idea of doing an old-fashioned room with modern accents like graphic throw pillows and bold lampshades.

6. July 14, 2009 / 7:50 pm

Turquoise would be pretty! I love the bedding, the white is what I would go with, but the purple is quite pretty & you never know, it might compliment the lamps nicely! I like it all, I suppose I’m like you – I can never make a decision either!

7. July 16, 2009 / 6:09 am

Hey, that purple bedding is lovely!!

Yes, make rid of the old wall paper, it only accumulates dust!

White is a really good choice 🙂

Beso hermana!