1. July 13, 2009 / 11:57 am

My WHOLE FREAKING HOUSE is covered in wallpaper. What’s worse is that it was put up in 1965 so use your imagination as to what it may look like. I’m resorting to all sorts of coverings and faux finishes so I don’t have to tear it down. It makes me want to cry.

2. July 13, 2009 / 12:06 pm

Not fun at all! Hope it gets easier!

3. July 13, 2009 / 12:18 pm

thanks for the warning, I will steer clear of it. hope you get through it soon!

4. July 13, 2009 / 1:17 pm

oh boy, i hear you sister. it’s not fun to remove. are you using hot water or some kind of steam-thing?

5. July 13, 2009 / 5:30 pm

Good advice. While I love some papers, I think wanting them off later would be hell on earth! If I were in Cali, I would totally come help you!

6. July 13, 2009 / 6:31 pm

Are you putting it up or taking it down? I heard a funny thing about wallpaper just today when I was viewing a house . . . Wallpaper is like a tattoo, only the resident who puts up the wallpaper will like it, no one else will. Made me laugh because I think back to the wallpaper in my parents house, that I helped pick out, and I don’t like it now. It’s a very personal taste. Good luck with the project, sounds daunting either way!

7. July 13, 2009 / 6:52 pm

It’s so true. Wallpaper is horrible to take down. But it looks so gorgeous!

8. July 14, 2009 / 3:47 am

Hey! I replied to you on my blog, but I wanted to put it here too for you:

Yep, they do have a b&m store here in Madison. This weekend is Maxwell Street Days and Bop always has incredible sales – and incredibly long lines (but it’s worth it). Last fall, they had a warehouse clearance sale and I stood in line for three hours. I wanted to leave, but I kept thinking “Well, I’ve made it this far…I should just wait.”

9. July 14, 2009 / 7:47 am

That is just what I needed to hear!! I’ve been on the fence about wallpaper forever and that was one of my hesitations because I’m just not good with that sort of thing. So thank you!

10. July 14, 2009 / 1:12 pm

i totally agree! as much as i love the look i would never do it. it’s a flippin pain to remove.

11. cece
    July 14, 2009 / 8:20 am

So beautiful and amazing Candi!