Home Office Inspiration

It’s amazing what a little spring cleaning for an impending yard sale will do for the mind, and spirit. I had never thought about making the dutch barn/shed an office prior to this past weekend. I was perfectly content with having my files/material in the corner of my bedroom, but now that there is a chance of getting electricity in the shed and having my very own workspace away from distractions….I am relishing the possibilities.

I love this first image! I would love to knock out a wall, and have a large window. The shed faces my gorgeous backyard, this would be perfect. I’m handy with an ax, I could do this!

Gorgeous black ormolu desk with gold accents. Stunning!

Living Etc.- Empire Strikes Back

As you can see from this image (as well) I am crazy about views. I think having a pleasant environment to work in makes all the difference in the world.

Cozy vintage inspired desk with a lovely view of the great outdoors.

Living Etc.- Office View

While I am not particularly “in love” with this desk, I am in love with the idea of FINALLY refurbishing my vintage parlor, and using it as a desk.

White desk with green knobs

Living Etc.- Office Bureau

I love this frame. The ornate details just make this desk more appealing to the eye. Don’t you think?
Living Etc.- Work Light
While I know it isn’t practical to have a chandelier in a shed, how fun would this be?
Living Etc.- Divided Room

1. April 8, 2009 / 10:18 am

great inspiration photos. i say go for it! knocking out a wall (or part of it) so you can have the view of the garden is a fantastic idea. i have a large window my desk sits in front of and i look out into the tree tops. it makes for a wonderful place to rest my eyes away from the computer screen! and you can’t beat natural light!

2. April 8, 2009 / 1:30 pm

Fantastic images! I love the first one.

3. April 8, 2009 / 1:49 pm

oh, I would totally rock it and have the chandelier – I’ve seen them on front porches in my old neighborhood and thought they were so much fun.

4. April 8, 2009 / 4:35 pm

I love the first one & the last one with the fireplace! I like the mix of wood/metal/modern/classic….I could go on, if you’d like, haha! I love them all, who am I kidding?

5. April 8, 2009 / 5:14 pm

Gosh that sounds SO exciting, to turn your dutch barn into an office! I think you got zapped with divine inspiration and I hope you totally go for it. Including chandelier!

6. April 8, 2009 / 5:39 pm

Wow this sounds exciting! Im loving Office Bureau…loving the white! Have a lovely merry happy day and love ot you!

7. April 8, 2009 / 6:03 pm

I say PICK UP THAT AX NOW and go to it! then yes, install a chandelier!! it would be absolutely perfect!!!
    what a fun project making your office so pretty and perfect!
    xx
    callie

8. Tiaa
    April 8, 2009 / 1:49 pm

The first one is my favorite! I say knock that wall out! 🙂

9. Pink Heels
    April 8, 2009 / 3:16 pm

I am always amazed at how my mood changes when my office is sparkly clean.